background

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Zumba

Tonight I tried something new and fantastic: Zumba!
I left Eric at home and had some ultimate woman time. If you're not familiar with Zumba it is a combination of dancing and the best aerobic workout you'll ever get. I felt sexy and powerful,yet feminine. My instructor was what you would call a TOTAL babe. She was in her 40's but had the body of a 20 year old. As we danced I started thinking...Why do I tell myself I can't be like this woman? And so, while I danced my booty off I came up with some of my lifetime goals. Or more, I realized more what I want to do with my life. And so after my workout I bought cookie dough and ice cream at the grocery store (I really love counteracting all my workouts)I sat down and made this list:
Ultimately,be a mom.
Go to cosmetology school.
find a place that teaches adult dance lessons in jazz and modern.
Be a yoga instructor
learn how to sew my own clothes
have a huge garden
travel to all continents except Antarctica...And take my kids!
And so on...These are just a few things I thought about while Zumbaing tonight. What a great way to feel good. I'm grateful for my body and that I can move and dance and sing. I'm grateful to feel the pain of my muscles working. I'm grateful that after the initial pain and discomfort that endorphins kick in and let me feel happy and good. I'm grateful for good music, too. I'm mostly grateful for a wonderful husband who supports me and a loving Heavenly Father who gave me this body. What a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment